Enable All can provide support that enables someone with disability to successfully obtain or retain employment in the open or supported labour market. This support can be provided to any person of working age (including students reaching working age) with an employment goal. If employment is one of your goals, talk to your NDIS Planner about including this in your funding package.
We can provide supports to:
- explore what work would mean for you (discovery);
- build essential foundation skills for work;
- managing complex barriers to obtaining and sustaining employment;
- specialised job customisation;
- supports to transition from an Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE) to open employment;
- develop a career plan;
- other capacity building supports that are likely to lead to successful engagement in a Disability Employment Service (DES).
What is the employment rate for people with disability in Australia?
The employment rate of Australians with disability, particularly people with significant and lifelong disability, is low. Reflecting this, only 24% of working-age NDIS participants are in paid work (as per NDIS Participant Employment Strategy from 30 June 2019). With your help, the NDIA intends to increase this to 30% by June 2023.
Is employment just about getting paid?
Having a job benefits all people. Being in employment: - expands social networks - increases community connections - gives greater financial independence - improves health and wellbeing - creates a stronger sense of identity and self-worth.
Connection to Mainstream or Other Government Services
It’s important to know that the NDIS will not pay for services which are already available to you such as;
- Disability Employment Services;
- Australian Disability Enterprises;
- School Leavers Employment Supports (SLES);
- Community Programs;
Enable All can provide help to understand and connect with these services as part of your total employment support program.
How does Enable All engage with clients, carers and families?
To ensure we provide safe, effective, comprehensive and sustainable supports our staff at Enable All will:
- Meet with you (the client), family (informal supports) and required health professionals to ensure a client focussed service provision. Communication is the key to ensure supports are coordinated and funded according to your NDIS plan.
- Compare the support needs of the client with the availability of our qualified and experienced employees and recruit new people when required
- Arrange a meeting with the client and all involved with their support to ensure everyone understands their role and responsibility
- Develop Employment Plans and provide the supports as recommended and agreed Supports will enable you to reach your goals.
TIP – If you are wanting to include employment support as part of your NDIS plan, be sure to discuss with either your NDIS Local Area Coordinator (LAC) or relevant planning worker.